Because of the highly visual and user friendly way in which the material is presented, the Course format can be adapted to suit the individual requirements of parents and children. The StudySmart Course is therefore offered in four different formats:
- eSmart: Material is electronically downloaded to be viewed on smartphones or laptops. Parents and children do the course on their own.
- GoSmart: Material (DVD’s, Workbooks, other printed material) is delivered at your home in a box . Parents and children do the Course on their own.
- ActSmart: The course starts and after more-or-less 10 weeks ends with contact sessions between the Hub Owner and parents and children separately. In between the first and last sessions the parents and children do the course as explained during the contact sessions. The Hub Owner is for this period available to assist where necessary.
- TopSmart: Same as with ActSmart plus the following: the Hub Owner meets weekly for one hour with the children in smaller groups to review the video’s, oversee the completion of the exercises and to demonstrate how to apply the study principles to classwork
TopSmart offers the following (Available in Afrikaans; English soon):
- Kick-off workshops offered by trained and experienced personnel of two hours and one hours with children and parents separately providing information on the content and process of the course to follow.
- Following the same time schedule:
- Parents work through the DVD’s and other material on their own.
- Children meet weekly per appointment for workshops to watch the video’s, do the exercises in the workbooks and to be coached on how to apply the learning principles to class work. The trainers, who are skilled facilitators, utilise group dynamic practices to mobilise commitment and energy within the group to master the learning techniques and make it their own.
- Concluding workshops with children and parents separately.
- Trainer available for consultation for the duration of the course.